1. About Us
The term ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ refers to the owner of the website: LIGHTSTART APPS LTD whom is registered at 34 PARK CROSS STREET, LEEDS, LS1 2QH and operates from PLATFORM, NEW STATION STREET, LEEDS, LS1 4JB. LIGHTSTART APPS LTD is registered in England & Wales 10207379. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
We collect data from visitors to our website to help improve & streamline our online services as well as gauge the volume & analytical data of website traffic & capture data supplied by our customers for either services, events or functionality built in to our website.
2. What Does This Notice Cover?
We are committed to providing transparency & visibility to the services we use to capture & manage data when visiting our website. This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers. The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5, below.
4. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 10.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 9 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 10 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 10 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 10. Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau. If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What Personal Data Do You Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us):
- Email address
- Telephone number(s)
- Business name
- Job title
- Information about your mailing preferences and interests
- The nature of your business dealings with us
We have compiled a table below of the services we employ to capture & manage data via our website. Each external service such as Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Eventbrite etc have their own set of privacy policies which outlines how they manage the data passed through to their services. For ease of our visitors we have provided links to their respective websites & privacy policies.
|Process / service / platform||What is it & what is collected?||How is it stored/accessed?|
|Web Hosting Server||Our web hosting server is the server on which our website is stored & served to the world. Our web server logs a visitors’ IP address which helps it to mitigate attacks from bots & filter out good/bad traffic.||Logs are kept by the web hosting company, they are cleared periodically & save no personal data about the users visiting our website.|
|Google Analytics||Google Analytics is a globally used analytic tracking platform which helps us, the website owner, see what traffic we receive to our website.
Google Analytics tracks how visits reach our site, whether it is direct traffic, a referral from another website or app, from social media & other digital platforms. Google Analytics can determine a users’ IP address, the town/city/country they are viewing from, the pages the user is & has viewed, how many times they have visited the site & for how long.
|Contact & Booking Forms||Online forms are a convenient way to submit your enquiry which in-turn is emailed directly to ourselves & is also stored in our website database.
Our data forms capture your name, your phone number, your email address & any further information you provide to us in your enquiry.
|Your submission is stored in our website database & is also sent to ourselves via email. The data stored in our database will be held indefinitely until our database is no longer in use or you request to have the data expunged from our server.
The data is kept on file should we need to refer back to it to process your request.
|Mailchimp||Mailchimp is an online platform for the collection, management & use of email addresses for e-newsletter marketing.
To be joined on to this list you will need to add your email & continue with the double opt-in procedure. Within the marketing emails you will be presented with a link to unsubscribe & you can also email us directly to be manually removed from the mailing list.
|Mailchimp will store your email address, your company and your first & last name in our account. Your data will remain in our account for as long as you remain subscribed to the mailing list(s).
6. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing information about products and services
- Providing and personalising our services
- Dealing with your enquiries and requests
- Administering orders and accounts relating to our suppliers or customers
- Providing reservation or booking services
- Providing the sponsors of our events you attend with ONLY the information you provide on Eventbrite which includes your name, email, company, job role, how you heard of the event and your Twitter handle (if applicable)
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone with information, news, and offers on our products and events. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
7. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- Eventbrite – Eventbrite specifies that they hold the data until the user is no longer using the service and/or until the user deletes their information
8. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception. In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 7.
9. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”. All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 10. There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within two weeks and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
10. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details (for the attention of Simon Edwards):
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 0113 360 8428
Postal Address: LightStart, Platform, New Station Street, Leeds, LS1 4JB